Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Family

Since I start work before the sun comes up, I really enjoy the weekends and staying in bed. I normally wake up early, but it’s nice just to stay in bed with out the pressure of deciding how many times I’ve already hit the snooze button. Last Saturday Mason wandered into our bedroom about 7:00 am. I was reading with a Lamp. He crawled into Our bed after I tried to steer him towards toys or cartoons. Finally in desperation I asked: Are you and little Angel or a little Devil? He looked at me with an unusual expression and responded, “I’m Family.” .
The thought occurred to me that some of our greatest happiness' and deepest sorrow's are all experienced with family.

Motherhood is a truly great thing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh to sleep in! After getting a new fridge last night I was up until 2 a.m. getting it changed over. The alarm went off at 6, what I would have given to hit the snooze button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his comment! Mason is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are going to go through sorrow. Family is the best to have around. That we gained up and walked for autism today.We did it for family.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete