Saturday, April 25, 2009

“You're My Hero”


Yesterday, My three year old Son said “You're My Hero.” This was the first time of hopefully many said or unsaid occasions. I didn't deserve it, I had done exactly what he had wanted me to do. I dumped the water out of his sandbox. It's not hero status, No, not close. BUT, I'll still relish in it a little bit. Next to I love you, and maybe I need you. Being the hero of my child is a role I want to deserve. A role that I realize will probably not last forever.

My question is: What makes up a great Hero?

Preforming an extraordinary feat?
Being a tremendous athlete?
A talented musician?
A philanthropist?
Or Consistently living what you believe, Being there to: Celebrating the successes, wiping away the tears, patching the skinned knee and consoling bruised heart, To whisper that you're the best, and B's are just as good as A's if you did your best. To leave no room for doubt that you are wanted, needed and Loved.

Thanks Mom and Dad, You've set a tremendous example for me.

4 comments:

  1. You are totally Mason hero and you deserve it. Wiping noses and butts count on hero states! Not to mention all you do for every member of our family. You are my Hero for loving my less than perfect son and helping him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I have no doubt that your son got it right when he said you're his hero. You definitely deserved to hear it!

    ReplyDelete