Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thorns or no Thorns

I was thinking today: How well do I really know the people that I love? Do I know how the feel about religion? (I’ve often thought that I do, but maybe I don’t.) Do I know how they feel about Politics? Do I understand what issues are important to them? Do I know their simple likes and dislikes their fears? . . . What about the desires of their heart do I know these things???

Little bug loves Cactus plants. For Easter we bought him a little start your own cactus garden kit. He loved it! We planted the seeds on Sunday and the box prepared us the germination could take place anywhere from 7 to 56 days. It’s only been 3 days since they were planted and he climbs up into the window to check on them a couple of times a day.

I promised little bug that we would go to home depot and buy a cactus plant tonight. Little did I know he doesn’t like cacti with thorns. Who Knew? He had never told me that before. - Did I miss a clue that I should have picked up on? We have a whole window full of catci that's going to have thorns. Several giant Saguaro seed may germinate . . . won't that be fun in the kitchen when they are 8 feet tall.

We look at Cactus plants on the internet frequently. You’d never believe all the different types! He seems to love all the different varieties. I honesty think we have looked up, (I’m sure of it.) every site that sells cactus anything! We always hope to run across a book at good will, which we never do. I guess either there are not a lot of avid Cactus lovers donating books to good will or there are not a lot of avid cactus lovers. If little bug could see Arizona he would want to move.

How well do we know those that we love? Or, Do we know only what people want us to know, even if it's those we hold close to our hearts?

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that Dylan loves thornless cactus?
    I think it is so funny that little bug does too. Have you tried googling succulents, that is what thornless cacti is usually called. Dylan likes the idea of a whole show on shrooms. I think reading blogs give you a different insight into who people are, even if it isn't all of who they are.

    ReplyDelete