Friday, May 15, 2009

Hints

I've found that before Christmas, an Anniversary or a Birthday I usually start dropping hints about possible gifts I wouldn't mind receiving, money is always nice. I don't want Alan to give me an exercise ball with out my approval, I can't see that situation being beneficial for either of us. Yes, If I don't drop the rights hints, everything seems to go horribly aray. Even with the right hints you never know what is in store. Last anniversary I was given an i pod touch. I love it. It's introduced me to the world of you tube. I didn't realize then, that the i pod touch was also going to be my birthday present 6 months later. I think somehow I should have been warned. I would of scaled back on the gift I had given him 2 weeks earlier. Just kidding, kinda. In all fairness, I don't think he meant for this to happen, but, it did. After 2 reminders, and 53 days it's time to give up. I chalk my favorite birthday gift up to a water bottle a coworker gave me. I really do love it.
It seems Mason has picked up on this knack of trying to drop hints, Mason loves gardening,flowers and plants. A couple of days ago the boys were out together and he went for the gusto. He ask for a garden wagon. That doesn't sound bad right? The Boys were in the truck and Alan started asking the find out questions. "Tell me about this garden wagon?"
What you and I know as a landscaping truck drove by. This was one with the monster trailers - at least 10 lawnmowers, 5 weed whackers etc. Mason said: "That one, I want one just like that." Later in the evening I asked Mason about this "garden wagon" I ask him who was going to drive the truck? His reply . . . "Mom, we don't need a truck, we will park it (the trailer) out front." The conversation also revealed that the tool compartment is loaded full of seeds. Everyone always tells me how expensive children are.

What is he going to want when he's 5?

3 comments:

  1. I always wonder what kind of hints I drop and if I should just name one thing, where it is, and how much it costs. The kids tell us what they want for up to 7 months before, and then, when the time comes, the traditional "I don't know" comes out.
    I have learned not to ask about the next year until I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to start sending around a donation envelope at family functions. The garden wagon charity, maybe than you can afford it by the time he is 16, stocked with seed packets and lawn mowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he sure knows how to think big! 8) Wouldn't it be cool if you could "borrow" one of those trucks for a day?

    ReplyDelete