Friday, May 29, 2009

An End or a Beginning?

(I wrote this several weeks ago.)

I think back to when it began, it hasn’t been very long, a couple of years at most. I felt guilty at first – It was an unnecessarily pleasure and I knew it. I felt it was a little frivolous but I completely justified it and more or less immersed myself in it. It was the first of a lifetime and I was making up for some lost time. How long can justification out weigh reality? Slowly the newness wore off and I enjoyed it less and less until I would go weeks, eventually months without it. (This description also applies to the treadmill too, but that’s hasn’t gone anywhere.) It was then I realized that it must go. So it has, the direct T.V. Is gone, and although we have a T.V. we have no programming coming into our home. Is this an end or a beginning?
I do miss it a little bit, but I don’t miss it at all either. I never watched it. I would hear others say “did you see so and so” or watch “such and such” and I was always clueless. Mason on the other hand loved having shows like Dora, Diego, Phineas and Ferb, and Curious George always available. He will say “mom, will you put on a show?” But . . . he hasn’t seemed to notice it’s gone either. We do have some DVD’s. I wonder how Alan will feel when the NBA season is underway? Will it matter? Direct T.V. tried really hard to keep us, 9 calls in one day, numerous letters. I give them credit for trying, but we were a lot cause. We never even redeemed the free movie coupon that they sent us. *sigh*


(I wrote this today.)
I never missed it . . . until today, when I heard it was Jay Leno’s last show. I thought “I’d like to see that,” And then I realized I wouldn’t be able to watch it, even if I wanted too.

1 comment:

  1. Come on over! Channel 5 works here. I thought I'd really the miss cable t.v. we had in Logan. While I still miss certain channels or shows, I found it took too much of my time. We never saw the cost because it was included in our rent, but looking at it after, internet, library, and dvd's work better.

    ReplyDelete