Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday




Four years ago today a little miracle came in to my life. I didn’t know then how much I would love you. I didn’t know then, how I would wear my heart on my sleeve whenever you were concerned. I didn’t know then how much I would worry over your success and well being. I didn’t know then how much you would enrich my life, I mean, I knew . . . but I didn’t. I didn’t realize how you would make me laugh and smile. I didn’t realize you were going to teach me and help me to grow. There is so many things I didn’t realize back then. I didn’t realize you would be an only child. I didn’t realize that conceiving you was a big miracle. I just didn’t realize . . . but I do now, and I thank God that he blessed us with you.

Today you are 4, and I ask myself where has the time gone? Have I hugged and kissed you enough? Do you feel loved? Do you feel important? Do you realize the important place you have in my heart .... in our family?

How do I prepare you for life? How do I prepare you to be 5 then 6 then 7? As hurricane Katrina ripped up the gulf coast, I held you in my arms and tears ran down my cheeks. I realized then, that life will bring storms I may not be able to protect you from.

please know - I love you,


I’m proud of you.

I’ll always be a cheerleader in your corner.

Happy Birthday Son.

All my Love, Mom

2 comments:

  1. HAppy Birthday Mason
    Love Aunt Christine
    and Colton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mason!!!
    Love from,
    Uncle Bert, Aunt Kate, Jess and Syd
    XOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete