Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ugh Life

This summer I've experienced a string of emotion. I guess that is what life is all about, but most of it left me reeling. Blogging has taken a back seat.

The down turn in the economy has left the airline I work for cutting jobs, another 1,700 yesterday, which doesn't take into account the thousand positions cut in May. Is it only a matter of time until I'm also out of work?

I've watched some family members make some poor decisions, some financial others that are more life altering and some that we have wanted to ignore for years.

I watched my brother go through alcohol detox. In my sheltered world, I've never seen anything quite so scary. A nurse never left his side. The hallucinations, the odd conversations were unsettling and unnerving. He had massive bruising from being tied to the bed and fighting to get free. The valium, high high doses of valium every 15 - 30 minutes, ten times the amount most alcoholics require. We almost lost him, we still may. How do you take it when the hospital social worker tells you to go home and prepare ... prepare for him to die. I'm not ready, this is one thing I know. He is doing so well right now, if only my will could sustain him.

One of my best friends went through a failed adoption. Life is so unfair.

And then there is Mason, How do I help this little boy succeed?

2 comments:

  1. Reading your post reminds me exactly how hard this summer has been. All of these events in such a short amount of time. How much more is there to endure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you are one of the most awesome people I know. I feel blessed to have been able to get to know you. I also know that you are a GREAT mother to Mason. You will do very well in preparing him for the world. I am so sorry about everyhting you have gone through in the last year or so.

    ReplyDelete